ISO 14001 is a series of environmental management standards. The ISO 14001 standards provide a guideline or framework for organizations that need to systematize and improve their environmental management efforts.
ISO 14001 specifies the requirements of an environmental management system (EMS) for small to large organizations. An EMS is a systemic approach to handling environmental issues within an organization. The ISO 14001 standard is based on the Plan-Check-Do-Review-Improve(PCDRI) cycle.
- The Plan cycle deals with the beginning stages of an organization becoming ISO 14001 -compliant.
- The Check cycle deals with checking and correcting errors.
- The Do cycle is the implementation and operation of the ISO 45001 standard within an organization.
- The Review cycle is a review of the entire process by the organization's top management.
- And the Improve cycle is a cycle that never ends as an organization continually finds ways to improve its EMS.
- If an organization is already ISO 9000-certified, the implementation of ISO 14001 does not take as long.
Key benefits of the ISO 14001standard include :
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management
- Develop the corporate image and credibility
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance
- Improve the environmental performance of supply chain
- Protect the company, assets, shareholders, and directors
- Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organization
- Grow your access to business partners and potential customers.
Key Features :
- Lead auditor and internal auditor training programs
- Customized training programs as per clients requirements